The Washoe County Health District cited the properties in The Row — the Eldorado Resort, Silver Legacy and Circus Circus — for a staggering 168 critical violations in the last year.
Additionally, the properties have a total of 152 non-critical violations. Critical violations include:
- La Strada:
- Observed buildup of liquid and potential mold growth on top of dish machine. See the citation
- Bistro Roxy:
- Observed bare hand contact with ready to eat food. See the citation
- Stocking dates for mussels to track freshness were not available. See the citation.
- Observed inconsistent and missing date-marking. All potentially hazardous, ready-to-eat foods held for more than 24 hours must be clearly date-marked. Products subject to date marking must not be held for more than 7 days.See the citation.
- Food that should be refrigerated (kept at 41F or below internal temperature) to prevent mold growth, were not kept at the correct temperature. This includes food kept in the grill area (50-56F internal temperature), the salad prep line (44-48F) and the saute prep line (46-50F). See the citation.
- Chef’s Pavilion Buffet:
- Observed food in open containers stored directly beneath dripping condenser fan. See citation
- Food not being properly refrigerated. Items included sausage, salmon, and pork. See citation
The Difference Union Quality Makes
A non-union work force staffs both The Silver Legacy and The Eldorado, which comprise the vast majority of the Health Code violations. Silver Legacy has 112 critical violations and 118 non-critical. Eldorado had 53 critical violations and 32 non-critical violations.
The Circus Circus is the only property in downtown Reno that uses a Union workforce and is staffed by The Culinary Union. Circus Circus only has a total of 3 Critical and 2 non-critical violations.
What you can do
If you feel your food has been contaminated, seek medical attention and call the Washoe County Health District at 775-328-2400.
If you want Eldorado to clean up their work habits, call 775-786-5700.